Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mommy/Daughter Time

The Short Chic and I broke in our new aprons by making cupcakes. I have seen these Cookie Monster Cupcakes all over the internet and they just looked FUN! So, one night this past week, we spent the night baking.
The Short Chic learns how to sift powdered sugar. We made cream cheese frosting to go on our chocolate cupcakes.

Me, piping on some frosting.
Adding eye's to the cupcakes.

The finished product. 

I think maybe a darker blue frosting would be better. I also did not like the black gel on the eyes. After I put the eyes on the cupcakes, the gel ran. I think next time I would probably use fondant to make the eyes. Or maybe some of the cream cheese frosting.

The cupcakes are cute when finished. The Short Chic immediately ate two of them. I teased her that like Pinkalisicous, she might turn blue from eating too many blue cupcakes! She was only mildly alarmed. Not enough to stop eating them!

No comments:

Post a Comment