Monday, October 3, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration

I avoided it for a long time. Pinterest that is. But I can now officially tell you all I am sucked in! I love Pinterest.

I found this on there, it came from FrogPrincessCouture on Etsy, and new I had to incorporate it somehow into the redecoration of The Short Chic's bedroom.

Ballerina Tutu Table Topper

This is what I came up with.


I am not sure how many total yards of tulle I used, but I know I purchased 30 yards and I have leftovers.

Total cost on this weekend project:
25.00 for the tulle (I used a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby)
9.00  for the table.
Paint came from my garage and was leftovers from painting her walls.
Ribbon was from my supply.


 First, I painted the table.

 Second, I stapled the tulle to the table.


The final step was making coordinating bows out of ribbon and adhering them to the tulle. I used fabric adhesive because I was working on this project at 10:00 p.m. and I was too tired to go find a needle and thread from my basement.


If Pinterest was meant to inspire, it worked! I love this project and love how it looks in my daughters room!!

I linked up to Crystal B's Inspired by Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. it's beautiful! and the walls are incredibly impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...it looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love the colour you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that Pinterest!!!!! this is a great project. I think I need to just look at my boards and see what I have pinned, I have enough inspiration to last years already!

    ReplyDelete