Monday, August 22, 2011

Bathroom Mirror Updo!

I do not like gold. I am more of a silver gal. Sorry fans of gold!

When we moved into our home three years ago, the mirror in my master bathroom was gold.  I knew immediately that I wanted to change it. It was just a matter of when I would change it.

I purchased some new paint weeks ago. I left it sitting on the bathroom sink for a month...or so.

Finally, I asked my husband to drag that old gold mirror outside under our big oak tree. I scrubbed it clean. I hate to admit out loud that it has collected lots of dust and toothpaste!

Next, I taped it up with blue painters tape. Maybe a smarter person than myself would have removed the mirror but I was about ease.


Then I spray painted it. Mediterranean Blue. Three coats.



I love it! It is like walking into spring every time I turn the bathroom light on. The husband on the other hand, still is not sure if he likes it or not.


Definitely an improvement over the old gold mirror. I can live with this one for a while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment