Skip to main content

A Day In MY Life

I have not been a very good blogger lately. I think I just have a lot on my plate and I have just been doing it. I also feel that I am in a creative slump.

I am trying to kick start my motivation.My BFF, Meeghan, has asked me to do a day in my life post for a super long time. Now is about as good as time as every. Please allow me to walk you through my day.

6:15 a.m. I wake up a full fifteen minutes before my alarm goes off.

6:15 to 6:40 am I hang out with The Boy before he leaves for school. I take advantage of the time to do some craft projects that I am making for my class reunion this weekend.


6:40 am Computer time! I check my email, Instagram, and Facebook.

7:00-7:30 am Time to get ready for work. Intermittently, I am playing with The Short Chic. She has decided I am her best friend. She let's me brush her hair. And wouldn't you know it, The dog wouldn't go outside while I was downstairs but now she wants to go. Ggggrrr!

7:30-7:45 am On this Thursday, after two weeks off the weight loss wagon, and with 15 minutes till I need to leave for school, I decide to track my points and fix a healthy lunch. {what is lunch? Tuna fish with crackers and carrots.} I brew coffee while making lunch. I clean the kitchen while making oatmeal. I even organize my craft table {aka the dinning room table} while I eat oatmeal.

7:45 am Dishes are rinsed. Food put away. I grab coffee, lunch bag, and my purse and head to work.
{shout out to The Husband, he drove The Short Chic to her Nana's!}

8:00 am Arrive at work.  Set up. Work on a craft project while training room is empty.

9:00 am Training starts.

10:15 am Break time. I make my after work to-do list.
  1. Go to bank
   2. Buy tablecloths for class reunion
   3. Stop by store: need punch ingredients, need cupcake ingredients, need veggies
   4. Gather household items needed for class reunion.

12:00 pm Lunch. Eaten quickly in the training room with my co-trainer.

12:15 pm Errand shopping.  I got the tablecloths!

1:00 Back at work, training starts.

1:00 Brinks Security starts training at the same exact time as we do. They are much much louder than us. I can no longer hear myself talking because the Brinks Trainer is screaming fire, fire!

2:00 Seriously, The Brinks trainer is still at it.  We are on the verge of losing control over our own training class!

2:15 pm Just finished my first Diet Coke of the day. Yep! Now I can deal with The Brinks trainer!

4:15 pm Training has ended.

4:30 pm Pick The Short Chic up. She promptly falls asleep in the car. This is a good thing because we have a crazy night and a whinny, short-tempered preschooler will wreck me fast!



5:00 pm  I am at the Bank.

5:15 pm Stop by the store and picked up the items on my to-do list. The Boy had to sit in the car because The Short Chic is still asleep in the back seat.

5:30 p.m. Made it home.Immediately get the Short Chic ready for Gymnastics and she is back out the door.
{second shout out to The Husband. He is taking The Short Chic to gymnastics}

5:33 p.m. As soon as The Short Chic and The Husband are out the door, I start baking cupcakes for the Class Reunion this weekend. The Boy gets dinner. I get dinner. I bake, cool, and frost the cupcakes.



6:00 - 6:40 pm Got a good chat in with my girlfriend. {Thanks Shannon!}

6:40 p.m. Leave home for baseball game. The Boy drives me there. First time driving since he ran the red light. And we are on a highway!

7:00 pm Arrive at baseball field, one hour before game. I spend the hour getting my exercise by walking 2.5 miles on the walking trail at the park. Without my iPod. I let the batteries run down. {bummer!}

8:00 pm Game Time! It was a great night to be outside, the weather was perfect and the blue moon was beautiful. Our team won their game. Actually we mathematically eliminated them and we got to come home early. YEAH!

9:30 p.m. The Boy drives us home from the baseball game.

10:00 pm. I pack up for the Reunion. I do some last minute crafts for the reunion.
{Third shout out to The Husband today. He started the dishwasher!}

10:45 p.m. I sit down to Facebook. I am not sure why I did not think about creating an Event on Facebook for the class reunion prior to now. If I forgot anyone, please read this post before you get angry with me for forgetting you. It was done out of exhaustion and not spite.

11:10 p.m. I am trying very hard to get this post finished. Do you think I could be in bed before 11:30?  I still need to pack for the weekend. Otherwise, I actually accomplished my to-do list!


Can you see why I have not had any motivation to blog? I have been busy living my life. I promise to get it together and get back on track. I just need one more weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i

Tonsillectomy (Warning Photos!)

The Short Chic came down with a pretty nasty case of strep throat back in April. So, when The Boy started complaining about his throat hurting about 12 days later, I was pretty confident that he had inherited his sister's strep. Instead, The Boy was diagnosed with a peritonsillar abscess growing on his right tonsil.  We had to immediately see an ENT  Physician who took a needle and drained the abscess. He removed about 5.5 cc of puss from The Boys throat.and then told us that once you have a peritonsillar abscess you were high risk to keep getting them. The Boy's tonsils were now compromised and needed to be removed.  We were told to plan for a two week recovery so we worked a surgery into our summer plans. Between family vacations, summer sports, and the beginning of school The Boy had his second surgery. A tonsillectomy.  Pre-surgery prepping went well. It must be nice to be young and have healthy veins for an IV! The Boy had lots of pre-surgery visitors. My

Liver Cheese: A Family Tradition

Today is an anniversary date. One of those dates you wish you did not have to remember but there is no way you can forget.  Fifteen years ago today,two days after his birthday, my father died of lung cancer. He was a lifelong smoker and his cancer was aggressive. His battle was short. He fought for six short months after his diagnosis. He knew the chemo was not working and that his time was limited. When he came to this realization he became the best dad in the world.                                                In the days before my father's passing, my family shared some memorable moments. One of those moments centers around the deli meat: Liver Cheese.I would not be surprised if you have never heard of it, or even never tasted it. But I was raised on it as it was one of my Dad's favorite things.  What is it? Well, it is a German food that is actually called Leberkase. It is bacon, corned beef, pork, and onion that is ground together and baked. It comes with a