I have followed my new years goals for thirty days. If I can for a moment to be very proud of myself.
On one hand it seems like I have been doing this forever. But on the other hand, it has been only thirty days.
Here is a brief summary into my first thirty days:
1. I have used the fitness tracker every single day.
2. I have only eaten out three times this past month. (Twice more than we aimed for but we did make a good choices...Subway).
3. We have been preparing meals at home on the weekend and eating them throughout the week.
4. Exercise. Yes I have been doing it. I was following the six days a week goal until last week. I am finding myself sacrificing the exercise in order to get ready for The Boy's party.
5. I have lost over 10 pounds.
6. I have lowered my BMI by two points.
7.My house has stayed relatively clean. You could drop by and I would not be embarrassed.
I am happy to report that The Husband is also doing very well. He ate out four times this month. He has lost 20 pounds in the past thirty days. He is also following an exercise program. We have found this blog called SkinnyTaste.com. I highly recommend this blog! The writer is a weight watchers member and creates some of the yummiest foods I have ever encountered! In the past thirty days, I have not felt like I am dieting or starving myself.
I do not feel any significant need to change up the goals at this point.
I did get a little frustrated during my third week. I only lost 1/2 pound. I honestly think it is because I was eating too few calories when you factored in my exercise. I know this might be considered to be stinky thinking but this week, the week I have not exercised, I have been in my calorie guidelines and lost two pounds.