So in an attempt to honor Thanksgiving, I shall name my blessings, one by one.
1. I am blessed with my health. After having a health scare you realize just how precious your wellness is. When I was diagnosed with cancer in August 2010, the doctor told me that untreated I would only live another 12 to 18 months. I am nearing that expiration date. I am alive and healthy! Thank you for my health!
2. I am blessed with a specular husband. He is a great provider. He is caring and attentive. He is compassionate. He is strong and study.
3. I have a fantastic son. He is smart. He is caring. He is sarcastic (why do I find this a blessing, I have no idea!) Generally speaking, even though he is a teenager, he is a good kid. He is nearing adulthood and I am so proud of the person he is turning into.
4. I have a wonderful daughter. One goofy thing she says makes me smile. Seeing her grow up brings me a lot of joy. (yes, just like her big brother did!)
5. I am employed. My work supplies me and my children with health insurance. Sick leave. And vacation days. I also generally like what I do for a living. My work allows me to have an influence over the lives of others. It may be hard, but it is rewarding as anything.
6. I have a home to live in. It may not be fancy or even clean for that matter! But it is a home. And it is in a safe neighborhood that allows the kiddo's to play in the yard without excessive worry.
7. I have a wonderful supporting extended family. From my mother to my mother-in-law. From my brothers to my father-in-law. And down to all the family members by choice I have created. I have honestly surrounded my inner circle with quality people.
8. I have a great circle of friends! One of them has been by my side since kindergarten. One since sixth grade. Others I met in college. Or on the job. I have come to realize after saying good bye to a couple of friends, that I honestly value friendships a lot.
9. I am thankful for my best friend Tracy. We got kinda sideways last year. I am thankful in a HUGE way that we got ourselves right side up.
10. My family, immediate and extended, are healthy. I will say it again, health is so important to me now. And I am thankful we are all well.
I have many many more blessings in my life. Thank you all for sharing my life. I hope you count your blessings this year and name them one by one.