Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

As I posted last week in A Christmas Tale, I owed a huge pay back to my current training class. They did, after all, help me obtain the much desired Lalalopsy Silly Hair Doll for The Short Chic for Christmas.

So pay back came today, in the form of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.


Oh, they were good. And they came with a little surprise tucked inside all that yummy yellow cake.


A nugget of chocolate chip cookie dough! Who would not love that?

So, let me tell you all how I made these, so you too can enjoy the cupcakes.

I started off with a simple yellow box mix.
To that mix add:

4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 package dry vanilla pudding mix

Mix that well. Next, I used pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough. I actually planned ahead and froze that cookie dough.

I put the cupcake liners into my pan, added the batter, filling the liners about 3/4 full. Next, I cut the cookie dough into little squares and sat a square on top of the dough. Just like the photo below.

                                    

Then I baked them at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes.

After they cooled I made up some Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting and decorated.

To make the Frosting:

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
3 sticks of butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.  Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the salt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.

Frost the cupcakes and top with miniature chocolate chips.

This recipe originally came from Chef In Training. It was the very first thing I ever pinned on Pinterest. God bless them for making everything from scratch. As you can see, I found a much easier way of making it that works for me and my busy life!




Comments

  1. looks so good. CATHY ROERTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. and they were AMAZINGNESS!!!!! Thanks for the rceipe! -Amy Sisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super easy. You know that's what I'm all about. Can't wait to "try" and make these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of Missouri: Montauk State Park and The Ozark National Scenic Riverway

August has become our summer vacation month. Summer activities have usually wound down and we like to get one last hooray in before school starts.  This summer we decided to travel our own state and visit a few places we have been dreaming of visiting but were a little too far for a weekend road trip. Despite last minute vacation glitches we managed to pull out of Kansas City around 9:00 in the morning headed to Montauk State Park just outside of Licking, Missouri.  Montauk State Park is one of three state parks where you can trout fish in Missouri. We are frequent visitors of  Bennett Springs  State Park but not Montauk, just because of the travel distance from our house. (Bennett Springs is about 3 hours and Montauk is double that.) Setting up and settling in was relatively easy. We took a tour of the park and hiked around exploring the spring that feeds into the river. The Park stocks this river each night with trout. The fishermen like this river be...

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i...

How Hallmark Broke My Christmas Heart

Hallmark has broken my heart. Maybe even damaged a bit of my soul.  {YES, it sounds dramatic, but please read on to understand why!} My love for Hallmark started years ago when I was about 19-20 years old.  I was dating a boy who had invited me home with him for the holidays. He also happened to be moving from Texas to Missouri at the end of our holiday vacation and I was going to drive home with him.  His Momma gave him a box full of Christmas ornaments from Hallmark that she had been collecting for him for years. Since he was born. Two decades of memories that he cherished so much. I found it endearing. And I made a mental note that I would start a tradition when I had children. Well, my own kids came years later. But that year, I was blessed with a late-in-life baby brother. And I started his ornament collection. He got the "My First Christmas" ornament. At the same time, I found a super cool Star Trek ornament that my Dad would get a kick out of. Just like...