Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Lorax Inspired Crazy Hat



It is teacher appreciation week.  We have had a different activity every day this week, all with a Dr. Seuss theme.

I thought today was bring in your teacher's favorite Whoo Treats. So, I stayed up late last night making a new treat. I thought I would be blogging about it today.

I really did not like the way the treat turned out so I planned to get up early and make a second batch. At six a.m. I woke and found the agenda for the week.{Okay, I actually read it, too!} Today was not Whoo Treats. Today was Crazy Hat day!

Instead of panicking I got busy. I found my sewing machine, needle, thread, fabric, and craft foam. It took me 2 1/2 hours but I whipped up a cute, one-of-a-kind hat for The Short Chic to wear today.


 My inspiration were the cute mini-top hats I have seen all over the place. I had some felt on hand and some scraps of interface. The rest was pure improvising.

There was no pattern. The two eyes don't match; neither do the eyebrows. But it looks like The Lorax. And she received several compliments.

Come back tomorrow for the Whoo Treat idea I came up with. The second batch was much better than the first!

2 comments:

  1. This is why you got up at 6am this morning? Your creativity has no bounds!

    Signed,
    Your Husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, husband! And I should mention, I had the day off and could have slept in!!

      Delete