Skip to main content

My Disney Side

As the Midwest is bracing ourselves for another round of winter weather, I find myself dreaming of warmer weather and longer days. Every time I walk outside and feel the bitter sting of the cold air on my skin, I mentally visit my happy place.

Do you have a happy place? Mine is Disney World.  Or Disneyland. I don't discriminate between the two. They both make me happy! I have been doing a lot of Disney Dreamin'  this winter. It is my personal coping skill to deal with the bitter cold. 

Disney's new campaign is underway. They are asking people to connect and show their Disney Side. We hosted a party last week to celebrate our Disney Side and to do a little planning for our upcoming visit to Disney World in October.  The Disney Vacation Planning DVD sure did help us with our planning and helped everyone reminisce about their trips to Disney and get excited about the next one. Do you need to plan a Disney Vacation? Let DisneySide.com help you!


One of the things that I love at Disney World is all of the different Mickey/Minnie Ears that you can find. So, between all the talk about Disney's new Magic Band and Disney's Fast Pass Plus {Do you know you can know reserve your rides up to three days before you even enter the park?} we made Minnie Ears. 



Following the instructions at Spoonful's Mickey and Minnie Ears we used felt and glue to make some easy non-sew ears.   


As our talk turned from rides to dining options {Did you know there are more than 100 restaurants within Disney World?} we got a little hungry.  I assembled a Trail Mix Bar for the guest which allowed me to sit back and enjoy the evening with them instead of working away in the kitchen. You can assemble a Trail Mix Bar easily enough. Just pull together a variety of ingredients to give your guest a choice. Try some of these:
  • Mini pretzels
  • Goldfish Crackers
  • M&M candies
  • Raisens
  • Craisens
  • Peanuts
  • Yogurt-covered raisins or pretzels
  • Popcorn
  • Wasabi Peas
  • Peanut Butter chips

In honor of our Disney Celebration I made a Snow White Punch. 

Snow White Punch
8 cups of white grape juice
2 cups of grapefruit juice
Juice of one lime
1 bottle of sparkling water
Lime, Lemon, or Orange slices

Combine all the juices together and chill. Just before serving add a chilled bottle of sparkling water and garnish with citrus slices.

After our snacks, we played around with HP's Photo Card Pack. The HP Photo Card Pack contains exactly what you need to create fun, Disney Side cards that you can customize with your photos and mail to family and friends. I will confess to being a little challenged when it comes to my wireless printer but once The Husband helped me, it was super easy to print off our cards. Customizing our cards was super easy at Disney Side Celebrations

By the end of the night, we had customized our Magic Bands, we had selected our character dining experiences, we selected the other  restaurants to dine at, and we figured out our dining plan. As I plan to borrow into our home, once again, I will be dreaming of warmer and longer nights that we will spend at Disney World in October. Planning to share my Disney Side. 


Disclosure:
I received free products in order to host the Disney Side@Home Celebrations. The opinions expressed here are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i

Tonsillectomy (Warning Photos!)

The Short Chic came down with a pretty nasty case of strep throat back in April. So, when The Boy started complaining about his throat hurting about 12 days later, I was pretty confident that he had inherited his sister's strep. Instead, The Boy was diagnosed with a peritonsillar abscess growing on his right tonsil.  We had to immediately see an ENT  Physician who took a needle and drained the abscess. He removed about 5.5 cc of puss from The Boys throat.and then told us that once you have a peritonsillar abscess you were high risk to keep getting them. The Boy's tonsils were now compromised and needed to be removed.  We were told to plan for a two week recovery so we worked a surgery into our summer plans. Between family vacations, summer sports, and the beginning of school The Boy had his second surgery. A tonsillectomy.  Pre-surgery prepping went well. It must be nice to be young and have healthy veins for an IV! The Boy had lots of pre-surgery visitors. My

Liver Cheese: A Family Tradition

Today is an anniversary date. One of those dates you wish you did not have to remember but there is no way you can forget.  Fifteen years ago today,two days after his birthday, my father died of lung cancer. He was a lifelong smoker and his cancer was aggressive. His battle was short. He fought for six short months after his diagnosis. He knew the chemo was not working and that his time was limited. When he came to this realization he became the best dad in the world.                                                In the days before my father's passing, my family shared some memorable moments. One of those moments centers around the deli meat: Liver Cheese.I would not be surprised if you have never heard of it, or even never tasted it. But I was raised on it as it was one of my Dad's favorite things.  What is it? Well, it is a German food that is actually called Leberkase. It is bacon, corned beef, pork, and onion that is ground together and baked. It comes with a