Hallmark has broken my heart. Maybe even damaged a bit of my soul. {YES, it sounds dramatic, but please read on to understand why!} My love for Hallmark started years ago when I was about 19-20 years old. I was dating a boy who had invited me home with him for the holidays. He also happened to be moving from Texas to Missouri at the end of our holiday vacation and I was going to drive home with him. His Momma gave him a box full of Christmas ornaments from Hallmark that she had been collecting for him for years. Since he was born. Two decades of memories that he cherished so much. I found it endearing. And I made a mental note that I would start a tradition when I had children. Well, my own kids came years later. But that year, I was blessed with a late-in-life baby brother. And I started his ornament collection. He got the "My First Christmas" ornament. At the same time, I found a super cool Star Trek ornament that my Dad would get a kick out of. Just like...
We are not far off this level of parenting either. Had three under three, so it will be three in three years. The amount of practice hours required now (which is a good thing) will mean that I may no longer have a social life for a bit.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what I'll feel like when my son grows up to his age already "-)
ReplyDeleteHappy WW.
ReplyDeletenan@blogshe.net