Skip to main content

Disney World: Our Lodging

We have been home from Spring Break for a week now. We took several days just to sit and relax and sleep! I have been wanting to blog about our amazing trip to the happiest place on earth but I have just felt so overwhelmed by the experience. How could I possibly fit it all into one blog post?


Well, I am not even going to try. This week I am going to bring you reviews and post of our trip.

This post is about our choice to not stay on Disney property. Staying on property has so many advantages: free transportation, extended park hours, a variety of budget options, and a complete Disney experience.

But there are some disadvantages as well. The rooms that would fit into my budget would put all four of us sharing a hotel sized room. We would be limited to Disney property.




We opted to stay at The Fountains, a Bluegreen Property about 10 miles from the park. To stay off property meant that we had to rent a vehicle to get around and we had to pay parking each day we visited the park but we saved a ton of money on food, which absolutely offset the cost.


We stayed in a two bedroom condo that was approximately 1,350 square feet, two bedrooms, two batrhrooms. No, it did not have a view of Disney but it did have a beautiful view of a small lake. We also had a full kitchen and our own washer and dryer. On our way to the condo we stopped off at a Publix {local grocery store} and bought a weeks worth of groceries. Every day we ate breakfast and lunch with the food we purchased. We even ate dinner in our room half the time. 


There were so many pools at this resort. The kids loved it! To be honest I kinda wish we had more "relax at the condo" days so that we could have enjoyed the pools. I loved waking up early and enjoying coffee on our screened in patio. {My condo neighbors did too, and I learned quickly I needed to dress before I went out on the patio!}


The Fountains also sold Disney tickets. They were slightly cheaper than purchasing them at the park but what  we benefited from was not having to stand in line to purchase tickets. We were able just to walk straight to the security and check-in lines.


The Fountains also had a full service bar. How could we not enjoy something cold, creamy and tropical on our first night there. They even had a wide selection of non-alcoholic drinks for the kids.


They even had two restaurants on-sight that delivered. How fun are these Domino's Pizza delivery bikes.  We never utilized this service, we wanted to one night but we got home right after they closed. The Boy was so disappointed!


Overall, if you have access to a time-share they should be a viable option in your Disney World trip planning.  I am positive if I compared The Fountains and its amenities to a Disney property, I would compare it to the big ones: The Grand Floridan, The Polynesian, or The Contemporary. And those properties easily rent for $500 a night.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow's post is going to be about our first full day in Orlando and our visit to Universal Studio's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of Missouri: Montauk State Park and The Ozark National Scenic Riverway

August has become our summer vacation month. Summer activities have usually wound down and we like to get one last hooray in before school starts.  This summer we decided to travel our own state and visit a few places we have been dreaming of visiting but were a little too far for a weekend road trip. Despite last minute vacation glitches we managed to pull out of Kansas City around 9:00 in the morning headed to Montauk State Park just outside of Licking, Missouri.  Montauk State Park is one of three state parks where you can trout fish in Missouri. We are frequent visitors of  Bennett Springs  State Park but not Montauk, just because of the travel distance from our house. (Bennett Springs is about 3 hours and Montauk is double that.) Setting up and settling in was relatively easy. We took a tour of the park and hiked around exploring the spring that feeds into the river. The Park stocks this river each night with trout. The fishermen like this river be...

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i...

How Hallmark Broke My Christmas Heart

Hallmark has broken my heart. Maybe even damaged a bit of my soul.  {YES, it sounds dramatic, but please read on to understand why!} My love for Hallmark started years ago when I was about 19-20 years old.  I was dating a boy who had invited me home with him for the holidays. He also happened to be moving from Texas to Missouri at the end of our holiday vacation and I was going to drive home with him.  His Momma gave him a box full of Christmas ornaments from Hallmark that she had been collecting for him for years. Since he was born. Two decades of memories that he cherished so much. I found it endearing. And I made a mental note that I would start a tradition when I had children. Well, my own kids came years later. But that year, I was blessed with a late-in-life baby brother. And I started his ornament collection. He got the "My First Christmas" ornament. At the same time, I found a super cool Star Trek ornament that my Dad would get a kick out of. Just like...