Skip to main content

Wednesday Weekly Review in Instagram

 This week {Wednesday to Wednesday} was much slower than last week.  Big thankful exhale!



 1.My Short Chic riding a pony at a 4th of July celebration. She did not want any help from her Daddy at all.
2. My "just because" gift from my wonderful Husband, not the ipad, but the Zappo wireless keyboard for the ipad. Can I tell you, it is awesome and amazing!
3. POOL PARTY! As if that could not be any better, it occurred on the hottest day yet of the year!.
4. We broke out the cotton candy machine at the pool party. The Husband figured out the best spinning technique and gave The Short Chic a large portion of cotton candy!


5. The temperature gunge on the hottest day. Soon after I took this the temperature raised another degree!
6. My exciting Saturday night, spent at home with the cutest little girl coloring. That is called contempt. 
7. A summer week would not be complete without baseball. Games, Practice, entertainment!
8. The Boy at FanFest purchasing more Evoshield.  This is his new digital camo wrist guard. 


9. Friday night, we were sitting at home being bored. So, I went to the store and picked up new paint and started painting the bathroom. The color: Bermuda Bay. Accented with white and black.
10. Sunday was all about FanFest! You can catch more about that here.
11. Monday, The Short Chic spent the day with her cousins and second cousins. On the way home she started to doze off. I commented to her that she looked tired. She looked at me and said, "I have worked hard...all day long! Immediately after, she passed out for the night!
12. Tuesday brought our longest driving lesson. The good news: he has gotten better so that I can take a photo of him (at a stoplight). The bad news: he still hugs the edge, drives too fast, and takes those corners a little too fast for my liking!


Have a great week.  See you next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of Missouri: Montauk State Park and The Ozark National Scenic Riverway

August has become our summer vacation month. Summer activities have usually wound down and we like to get one last hooray in before school starts.  This summer we decided to travel our own state and visit a few places we have been dreaming of visiting but were a little too far for a weekend road trip. Despite last minute vacation glitches we managed to pull out of Kansas City around 9:00 in the morning headed to Montauk State Park just outside of Licking, Missouri.  Montauk State Park is one of three state parks where you can trout fish in Missouri. We are frequent visitors of  Bennett Springs  State Park but not Montauk, just because of the travel distance from our house. (Bennett Springs is about 3 hours and Montauk is double that.) Setting up and settling in was relatively easy. We took a tour of the park and hiked around exploring the spring that feeds into the river. The Park stocks this river each night with trout. The fishermen like this river be...

How Hallmark Broke My Christmas Heart

Hallmark has broken my heart. Maybe even damaged a bit of my soul.  {YES, it sounds dramatic, but please read on to understand why!} My love for Hallmark started years ago when I was about 19-20 years old.  I was dating a boy who had invited me home with him for the holidays. He also happened to be moving from Texas to Missouri at the end of our holiday vacation and I was going to drive home with him.  His Momma gave him a box full of Christmas ornaments from Hallmark that she had been collecting for him for years. Since he was born. Two decades of memories that he cherished so much. I found it endearing. And I made a mental note that I would start a tradition when I had children. Well, my own kids came years later. But that year, I was blessed with a late-in-life baby brother. And I started his ornament collection. He got the "My First Christmas" ornament. At the same time, I found a super cool Star Trek ornament that my Dad would get a kick out of. Just like...

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i...