Skip to main content

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I have been MIA from the blog for a week, or so.

Just when you think things should be settling down for a long winters slumber, it picks up.

The Boy has started basketball. We played three games last week.

The Short Chic had her first dance recital.

My day job has also been busy. Back to back straight weeks of training.

Plus Christmas decorating and shopping.

I am a tired Momma!

{please excuse the flash photos. I am too tired to get the tripod out to take night photos}

Both of our Christmas trees are up. Maybe not fully decorated but they are up.


The Advent Calendar is counting down the days. The Short Chic and I are in a daily race to see who gets to flip it from one day to the next. {I let her win...most days}



And the stockings {all five of them because Miss Medical Student arrives soon} are hung by the fireplace. Yes with care! I saw this cool thing on Pinterest, where you take two stocking hangers and a curtain rod and hang stockings from it. I love it!

To make it feel more like Christmas, we got our first snow today. If you want to call it that. A dusting really. But it caused all kinds of havoc to the drive to work. Maybe I am not ready for this winter thing. I think the actual truth is, I am ready for it to be winter and if I am going to go through the hassle of winter driving, I want more than a dusting. I want to be able to go sledding and make snowmen.

And then I come home tonight. Ready to crawl in my bed and sleep the  night away. But before I do, I check the mailbox and guess what I find.....


Our first three Christmas cards of the season! I can not tell you why, but it brightens my day, puts a smile on my face, and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of Missouri: Montauk State Park and The Ozark National Scenic Riverway

August has become our summer vacation month. Summer activities have usually wound down and we like to get one last hooray in before school starts.  This summer we decided to travel our own state and visit a few places we have been dreaming of visiting but were a little too far for a weekend road trip. Despite last minute vacation glitches we managed to pull out of Kansas City around 9:00 in the morning headed to Montauk State Park just outside of Licking, Missouri.  Montauk State Park is one of three state parks where you can trout fish in Missouri. We are frequent visitors of  Bennett Springs  State Park but not Montauk, just because of the travel distance from our house. (Bennett Springs is about 3 hours and Montauk is double that.) Setting up and settling in was relatively easy. We took a tour of the park and hiked around exploring the spring that feeds into the river. The Park stocks this river each night with trout. The fishermen like this river be...

How Hallmark Broke My Christmas Heart

Hallmark has broken my heart. Maybe even damaged a bit of my soul.  {YES, it sounds dramatic, but please read on to understand why!} My love for Hallmark started years ago when I was about 19-20 years old.  I was dating a boy who had invited me home with him for the holidays. He also happened to be moving from Texas to Missouri at the end of our holiday vacation and I was going to drive home with him.  His Momma gave him a box full of Christmas ornaments from Hallmark that she had been collecting for him for years. Since he was born. Two decades of memories that he cherished so much. I found it endearing. And I made a mental note that I would start a tradition when I had children. Well, my own kids came years later. But that year, I was blessed with a late-in-life baby brother. And I started his ornament collection. He got the "My First Christmas" ornament. At the same time, I found a super cool Star Trek ornament that my Dad would get a kick out of. Just like...

My Weekend Project: A PVC Camping Lamp Post and Flag Holder

I have seen a few of these around campsites and I knew I would like to have one. The only problem that I had is The Husband. He already thinks we drag too much stuff with us when we go camping and if I had told him my desire to have a PVC Camping Light Pole he would have shut it down quickly! So, that leaves a girl with only one choice: Figure out how to do it by herself. I did some internet searching and found a few road maps on RV forums. They seemed easy enough! I visited the local hardware store for the supplies: An exterior post lantern light 2 inch PVC pipe (I used 5 feet but had to purchase a 10 foot piece) A 3 inch toilet flange A 3 inch to 2 inch Reducer PVC Glue A 12 foot electric cord kit 2 - 3/4 inch PVC Caps I also used a few supplies we already had on hand: White Spray Paint 3 1/2 foot - 3/4 inch PVC Pipe Drill Bits (1 inch and 1/2 inch) Tent Stakes The first step was preparing the lantern light. I could only find black i...